Western Cape Birding is an organisation that purposes to develop a network of birding routes for the Western Cape, in the areas of the West Coast, the Overberg, the Winelands, the Garden Route and Little Karoo (Eden), the Cape Peninsula, and the Great Karoo.
The critical aim of Western Cape Birding is to contribute towards the consolidation of the conservation status of Important Bird Areas (IBA’s) along each birding route, by increasing its visibility within the public and general tourist domain.
To help Western Cape Birding achieve its objectives, Studio 137 was contracted to develop the now finished website, www.westerncapebirding.co.za. The result was a website that has the following noticeable features:
- Easy to navigate and access each Birding Route and the information pertaining to it
- Many many resources and articles with information pertaining to each Birding Route
- Aesthetic feel; each Birding Route page has its own theme
- News and events that pertain to each individual Birding Route
- A dynamic hub, where visitors can either view information, resources and news regarding the Western Cape Birding Route as a whole, or choose to branch out to a specific Birding Route